Monday, 31 March 2014

Wooden block wall pegs

Here are a few wall pegs I made for a friend using some old children's wooden building bricks.


I used double ended screws for these and didn't have a proper vice at the time, so they weren't the straightest. I now have a beautiful shiny new table top clamp on vice, so this sort of thing will be much easier in future.

Rosa needs a wardrobe!

It was coming up to my sister's wedding and my daughter had been asked to be a bridesmaid. She was very excited and had got the wedding fever! I got her a Maileg rabbit with a wedding dress as a treat. She loved showing everyone the dress and accessories. A few weeks passed and she told me Rosa (the rabbit) needed more clothing options. She asked me to make her a summer outfit for when she wasn't wearing a her wedding dress, then she asked for a rain coat and a sheepskin jacket like hers.... The list went on! Here is a few of the things that I made. She still has loads of other requests but I sort of ran out of steam.... Does a toy bunny really need a sleeping bag?!





(The sheepskin jacket was quite fiddly but once i shaved back the seam allowances, it was easier. )

Playhouse


Something I'd always wanted was a little play house. The flat is tiny, the kids get cabin fever and just want to get out in the fresh air. This feels like it completes the garden. It's a great place for them to play out of the house no matter what the weather. So as a joint present, for me and my kids, my Mother got us this house which I painted and put together with the help of a neighbour. My daughter loves it and her and her friend next door are always playing in it. In another year I'm sure my son and some of the other neighbours will take it over, so hopefully we will get many years of use from it.


Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Circus / vegas print dress



Excuse these ridiculously overdue posts. I have a backlog of items from almost a year! The second child definitely did not make crafting easier and made using the computer even harder! So while i desperately try to cling onto my domain name before Google spit me up and chew me out...i shall try to post as many of these projects as possible. 
This dress was made at the same time as the one below, from some very funky found fabric. Two different prints, mashed together to create a pretty wild party dress. Im not sure if i have a finished picture anywhere. There were some turquoise buttons added at the back and it was of course hemmed properly.
I made the pattern myself it is a variation on the dress before. There are darts on the bodice front and a huge long sash is inserted into each one. Its a cute detail but would be clearer if made in a plain coloured fabric.